Traveling alone might seem intimidating but it doesn’t have to be. These are the top tips for solo traveling, from the perspective of a solo female traveler.
❁❁Please subscribe to my channel:
I’ve been a nonstop traveler for almost 5 years now. However, after splitting with my ex, that put me on a new trajectory as a solo female traveler. So for the past 1.5 years, I’ve been traveling alone, and let me tell you…traveling solo comes with a whole new set of challenges and risks.
Therefore I really want to share what I’ve learned about staying safe and avoiding danger while traveling alone. In this video I’ll cover topics like:
– When and how to share my location when traveling
– Best practices when it comes to your cellphone
– Tips for avoiding sketchy situations (and how to get out of them)
– What to do in restaurants when you’re alone
– How taking pictures and videos can keep you safe
– Wardrobe while traveling
– Best practices when taking Ubers/taxis/personal transportation
– How to change your body language to reduce risk
– What to do when someone’s asking uncomfortable questions
– Should you carry a weapon while traveling alone?
The lipstick-sized power bank / portable charger I recommend (updated version – older one isn’t available anymore)
Hi, I’m Maddie, former partner of Tangerine Travels, a travel vlog with over 350 videos that I helped build for 4 years to over 250k subscribers. I’m originally from Arizona and have been living in Mexico since 2018. These days, I’m traveling around Mexico, doing the “solo female travel” thing.
Tip Jar (PayPal):
My Camera Gear & Travel Essentials:
How I Learn Spanish: